Polyscope produces a wide range of XIRAN SMA copolymers that are used as modifier in thermoplastic polymers. Heat boosting, adhesion promotion, dispersion, and compatibilization are the effects that can be achieved in thermoplastics and blends. The product is a proven additive in: ABS, PC, PET, PBT, PMMA, PA, HIPS, GPS, PVC, TPE.
SMA is a unique polymer, where A-polar and polar monomers are polymerized into a copolymer chain. XIRAN® SMA is available in a broad range of molecular weights and maleic anhydride (MA) contents. In a typical combination of those two properties, SMA is available as a crystal clear granule that can be used in a broad range of applications. SMA can maintain transparency in combination with the heat boosting effect in other transparent materials like PMMA or SAN. Typical dosage levels of SMA in polymers vary from 0,5 - 50 %.
Read more about the properties of Plastic Modifiers
Benefits of SMA
- SMA improves heat resistance of other polymers like ABS, PS, PVC…
- SMA is a suitable agent for compatibilizing normally incompatible polymers
- Compbatilizing normally incompatible polymers
- Improved adhesion with other chemicals and materials (e.g. foam, metal, paint)
- Efficiency: Less material is needed to get outstanding heat performance
- Dial in Tg
CONTACT US >>