Polyscope Polymers offers an extended product range of SMA styrene maleic anhydride copolymers and compounds under the trade name XIRAN. Polyscope’s XIRAN resins are for example qualified on more than 50 automotive programs and are implemented at numerous OEM and Tier customers globally.
XIRAN compounds are impact and glass reinforced modified styrene maleic anhydride (SMA) copolymers. The glass reinforced series XIRAN SG grades are widely used in the automotive industry providing an excellent property profile for structural instrument panels (IP) carriers and trims. XIRAN SM grades are impact modified as well, but do not contain glass fibers, making them ideally suited for aesthetical applications requiring a smooth surface. The latest addition to the XIRAN family are the XIRAN SE grades, designed for excellent extrusion processability.
XIRAN makes it different...
• Best in class paint and foam adhesion
• Excellent dimensional stability
• High heat distortion temperature
• Excellent long term heat ageing properties
• High strength and stiffness, good chemical resistance
• Excellent processability and recyclability
• Design opportunities, high precision molding, thin walls, reduced weight
• Reduced system costs, fast cycle times
• No flame treatment necessary
• Dimensional stability: reduced need for metal reinforcements
Cutting edge solutions for several industries
Automotive Electronic Equipment and appliances Packaging (food)
CONTACT US >>